Requested Visitor List
Each AIC (Adult in Custody) must provide jail staff with a Requested Visitor list. The list must have the following information completed for each visitor: First, middle and last name; date of birth, phone #, and the visitor’s home address to include city, state and zip code. Each AIC is allowed up to six approved visitors on their list at any one time. Any person not on an approved visitor list will NOT be allowed to schedule a visit. AIC’s will be allowed to update their Requested Visitor List on the first of each month. All other rules pertaining to AIC visits remain in effect, to include visiting days and times. Visits from approved attorneys and approved clergy members do not count against the four weekly visits each AIC is allowed.
Visiting appointments must be made the day prior to the desired visit by telephoning the Jail at 541-812-9212. The visiting line is open from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and then from 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. Visitors must bring government issued picture ID (i.e. driver’s license, military ID). ID must show your photo and date of birth.
Current Visiting Times and Days
- A Block: Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- C and F Blocks: Friday and Sunday 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Prelim Males: Monday and Tuesday 10a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m.
- PC Prelim Males: Monday and Tuesday 9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- HRO: Monday and Tuesday 9 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Work Quarters: Wednesday, Thursday Saturday and Sunday 8 p.m.
- H Block Prelim: Wednesday 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- H Block Non-Prelim: Wednesday and Thursday 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- I Block: Thursday 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. / Saturday 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- J Block Prelim: Wednesday 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- K Block: Thursday 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. / Saturday 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- L Block: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 7 p.m..
- M Block: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
PASTORAL VISITS – Clergy approved through the facility may visit AICs Mondays 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Tuesday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Visits will not be allowed during meal times including 11:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Rules and Restrictions
Each AIC is allowed a maximum of two (2) hours of visitation per week, with each visit being no longer than 30 minutes. The visitation week begins on Wednesday morning and ends Sunday evening. A visitor may only visit once during the same day.
Persons under criminal indictment, awaiting sentencing on criminal charges, on work crew, EHD, involved in DTC, on parole or probation, or have been in custody in Linn County in the last 12 months are not allowed to visit an AIC in the facility.
Visiting is a privilege which may be suspended or revoked. No abusive or profane language will be allowed. All those who are visiting will conduct themselves in an orderly manner, so as not to disturb others. All visitors are subject to search. Visitors are not able to carry any items into visiting. Purses, diaper bags or packages are not allowed. Cameras, cell phones, strollers, food items, or books are not allowed for any reason. These items must be left in your vehicle.
Appropriate clothing must be worn. Anyone who is not wearing a shirt or shoes will not be allowed. Tube tops, shorts and skirts are not allowed if they expose cleavage, midriffs or other inappropriate areas. Halter tops or see through blouses are not allowed. You may not have a hairstyle or wear clothing or insignia with language, symbols, or markings that indicate affiliation with a criminal gang, that contain derogatory comments or slurs directed at a class of people, or may otherwise disrupt jail order or place a person’s safety at risk.
Persons who violate these rules may be subject to suspension of visiting privileges, search of person, or being stopped from visiting for any reason.