It is the policy of the Linn County Sheriff’s Office to comply with the Oregon Public Records laws and administrative rules in disclosing public records used or retained by the Linn County Sheriff’s Office. As such, the following are in place:
- All record requests must be in writing. (Please use the Records Request form on our Applications and Forms page )
- There is a fee for records requested (see fee schedule below).
- Requests will be processed by authorized personnel of the Sheriff’s Office, and each request will be reviewed prior to release. This process takes time therefore we will not release records at the time of request.
- Be specific regarding the type of record(s) you are requesting. The more information you provide on the request form could reduce the processing time of the request.
- A self addressed, stamped legal size envelope needs to be sent with the request form. A minimum charge will be required prior to processing the request. If the cost of the records requested is more than the minimum, we will notify you prior to processing the request.
- If you are requesting a report and it is still under investigation, very limited (if any) information will be released.
Schedule of Fees for Copies
Copies of Reports and Records:
Minimum of $8.00, which covers the first four pages of the requested document and $1.00 per
page, after the first four pages.
$45.00 for the 1st CD and $45.00 per hour for each additional CD
$2.50 per photograph (standard size)
$10.00 per CD copy of report photos
Private Party Record Checks:
$5.00 per person or address