It is the policy of the Linn County Sheriff’s Office to comply with the Oregon Public Records laws and administrative rules in disclosing public records used or retained by the Linn County Sheriff’s Office. As such, the following are in place:
- All record requests must be in writing on the ‘Request for Copies of Records’ form. Forms may be brought in person or mailed to the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, faxed to the Records Department at (541) 967-8169, or emailed to the Records Department at Records_Reports@linnsheriff.org
- There is a fee for records requested (see fee schedule below). If the cost of the records requested exceeds the minimum amount, we will notify you prior to proceeding the request.
- An invoice will be given for the finalized cost of the records requested. Payment can be taken by Check, Cash, or Debit/Credit.
- Depending on the extent, a request may take a longer processing time, however you will be updated throughout the process. Requests will be processed by authorized personnel of the Sheriff’s Office, and each request will be reviewed prior to release.
- Be specific regarding the type of record(s) you are requesting. The more information you provide on the request form could reduce the processing time of the request.
- If you are requesting a report and it is still under investigation, very limited (if any) information will be
Schedule of Fees for Copies
Records Fee: (Law Enforcement Reports or other General Records)
- $12.00 for the first 25 pages
- $0.25 per page after (single sided)
Rich Media Information: (Photos, Audio, Video)
- $10.00 for the first 15 minutes of staff process time for CD, DVD, or secure digital download
- $12.00 for each additional 15 minutes after
- $30.00 for each hour of staff process time for redaction services (if necessary)
- $5.00 per Mug Shot (for ID purposes)
Private Party Record Checks: (Name Scan or Address Scan)
- $10.00 per scan
- $10.00 per booking
Discovery: (Per Incident/Case #) (Includes All Reports and Media)
- $75.00 for Felony/Misdemeanor
- $25.00 for Violations
- $30.00 for each hour of staff time for additional items requested outside of reports and media