The Linn County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse is a volunteer organization, whose purpose is to assist the Linn County Sheriff’s Office in the fulfillment of its mission. Each Posse member volunteers their time and provides their own horse, tack, and most of their own equipment.
Purpose and Objectives:
- Assist the Linn County Sheriff’s Office and other local and state agencies in the preservation of law and order.
- Promote the Mounted Posse both as the historical forerunner of law enforcement from the early days of Oregon, and as a modern adjunct to law enforcement today.
- Assist with search and rescue operations.
- Stimulate good horsemanship.
- Promote good fellowship and sportsmanship.
For further information about the Linn County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse, please contact Staff Sergeant Joe Larsen at the Sheriff’s Office at 541-967-3950, or visit these pages on our website: