Twice a year the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) puts on a drug take back event. Linn County Sheriff’s Office has decided to participate. The event is held on Saturday April 28th, 2017 from 9am to 3pm. Linn County will be doing a mobile take back during this time. We will be traveling between 4 cities on this day to retrieve as much as we can. This is a free event for citizens to dispose of their unused/unwanted medications (including pet meds).
Below is some information on the event:
- This program is anonymous and all efforts should be made to protect the anonymity of individuals disposing of medications.
- Controlled, non-controlled, and over the counter substances may be collected.
- Participants may dispose of medication in its original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into a disposal box.
- All solid dosage pharmaceutical products and liquids in consumer containers may be accepted.
* Liquid products, such as cough syrup, should remain sealed in their original container.
* Ensure that the cap is tightly sealed to prevent leakage.
Following locations and times:
Harrisburg (2pm – 3pm) Brownsville (12:30pm – 1:30pm)
City Hall City Hall
120 Smith St 255 N. Main St
Scio (10:30pm – 11:30am) Mill City (9am – 10am)
Fire Hall City Hall
38975 SW 6th Ave 444 S. 1st Ave
Linn County Sheriff’s Office (9am-3pm)
Front Lobby – Drop Box
1115 SE Jackson Ave