Twice a year the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) puts on a drug take back event. The next event is being held on October 27, 2018. The Sheriff’s Office will be doing a mobile take back during this time. We will be traveling between 4 cities on this day to retrieve as much as we can. This is a free event for citizens to dispose of their unused/unwanted medications (including pet meds).
The Sheriff’s Office will be at 4 locations throughout the day as follows:
1. Mill City – City Hall, 444 S. 1st Ave, Mill City, OR. – 9am-10am
2. Scio Fire Hall – 38975 SW 6th Ave, Scio, OR – 10:30-11:30 am
3. Brownsville City Hall – 255 N. Main St, Brownsville, OR – 12:30-1:30 pm
4. Harrisburg City Hall – 120 Smith St, Harrisburg, OR – 2pm-3pm
There is also a prescription drop box in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office in Albany at all times you may drop off at as well.
Keep in Mind:
This program is anonymous and all efforts should be made to protect the anonymity of individuals disposing of medications.
Controlled, non-controlled, and over the counter substances may be collected.
Participants may dispose of medication in its original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into a disposal box.
All solid dosage pharmaceutical products and liquids in consumer containers may be accepted.
* Liquid products, such as cough syrup, should remain sealed in their original container.
* Ensure that the cap is tightly sealed to prevent leakage.
* No sharps/syringes